Director, Head of Social Infrastructure
Are you ready to build a more sustainable future together with us,
one investment at a time?
The Social Infrastructure Director will be part of the investment team of Infranode, a team of investment professionals in Stockholm, Helsinki, Oslo and Copenhagen, you will report to the Deputy Chief Investment Officer.
The Infranode business is expanding and the Director for Social Infrastructure is responsible for sourcing and executing new investment opportunities in the Nordic region. The Social Infrastructure Director should be able to lever upon Infranode’s success of investing in infrastructure sectors also including energy, transport and digital infrastructure across the Nordics with a strong focus on municipalities.
Infranode has all the necessary tools in place for making an impact in the sector, including a true long term ownership horizon (25 years), backed by some of the largest Nordic pension funds and institutional investors (e.g. Folksam, KPA Pension in Sweden, Keva in Finland and Storebrand in Norway) with strong capitalization for investments, a local footprint and a genuine commitment to sustainability and partnerships.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- To focus on investment origination to ensure a constant flow of social infrastructure investment opportunities that can be evaluated as potential investments.
- To ensure that Infranode builds a network and maintain good relationship with key stakeholders in the public sector.
- To be able to develop and define investment opportunities from start to finish by using the necessary knowledge and experience of external advisors
- To build the necessary network of advisors to ensure that Infranode has the technical know-how necessary to be able to make sound investment decisions.
- To manage and lead the transaction process to ensure that the process meets the needs of the Investment Committee and the legal requirements of our funds and sustainability standards.
- To project manage infrastructure development projects to minimise risk and maximise return on investment whilst balancing Infranode’s strategic goals for sustainability.
- To sit on the relevant board of directors of social infrastructure companies to ensure that Infranode influences the companies’ decisions to support both profitability and sustainability.
- To participate where necessary and present to Infranode’s Investment Committee to enable their decision-making processes for companies.
Qualifications and suitable background
- At least 10 years of relevant experience within social infrastructure and real estate. A strong preference for an individual who has experience in development, investment and asset management, as a principal.
- Proven track record in the Nordics with a diverse investment track record including significant experience in sourcing, structuring and investing in the region from both marketed and off market sources.
- Very well networked in the region with established relationships within real estate/social infrastructure regarding operating partners, the brokerage community, major owners and sellers of assets.
- Proven track record of sourcing, negotiating, structuring and closing real estate /social infrastructure investments.
- A degree in finance, business administration or real estate is preferred.
Do you want to be a part of Infranode? For further questions about this position, contact Johan or Ola below.
Interviews will be conducted continuously so we look forward to your application as soon as possible.
072-248 65 31
070-790 01 06